Wharfedale Titan AX12 300W Active 2-way Speaker is the latest speaker to the Wharfedale Titan range with an improved image and better power ratings this speaker has once again firmly made its mark for the Performance artists and Mobile DJ’s alike as the go-to speaker.
The all-new AX12 active loudspeaker now features our cutting edge 6-position DSP engine and all-new HF and LF drivers. No other competitive model features such powerful and effective DSP or such advanced transducers.
Want to know more
IRIS X Driver Technologies
The coil size and electrical sensitivity of a loudspeaker transducer is critical to its performance. Titan AX loudspeakers now include our proprietary IRIS X design which delivers Increased coil Radius and Increased electrical Sensitivity. The radius of the coil ensures smooth heat dissipation during prolonged high volume use, while the increased electrical sensitivity ensures that the transducer converts as much electrical power into sound output as the laws of physics allow. A hot transducer wastes energy, risks damage and distorts. IRIS X reduces this through improved heat dissipation and improved efficiency. In real-world terms, IRIS X transducers deliver higher SPL with less distortion. They lead the market with specifications and are designed and built entirely within Wharfedale Pro.
The new DSP engine provides sophisticated internal loudspeaker management functions. These include limiting, compression, signal delay, dynamic boost, dynamic cut, crossover control and parametric EQ. Micro adjustments within each parameter ensure sonic clarity over the full frequency range. We’ve optimised these DSP parameters to create 6 user-friendly settings including Monitor, Speech, Bass, Punch and an exclusive mode called “Live”. This Live mode applies different DSP settings to each of the 2 inputs – perfect for solo entertainers using a mic and a line level source.
Convenient Mixer Control
For convenience TITAN AX12 features a versatile two channel mixer on the rear panel. The first channel of this mixer allows users to toggle between microphone and line level inputs. A balanced XLR output provides an option to send the mix back to additional mixers, monitors or speakers.
The HF has been completely re-evaluated for both coverage and sound quality ensuring a much smoother sound, especially at high output. The all-new 12″ LF driver has improved moisture rejection characteristics which allows for installations into hostile environments. The laminar rib cabinet structure has also been tweaked to improve structural strength for durability and acoustic performance
AX12 is a bi-amplified loudspeaker. Wharfedale Pro engineers have painstakingly created two discrete power amplifiers which are perfectly matched for the HF and LF transducers. Using Class D topology these amplifiers not only deliver the continuous power to please the crowd but they also handle the transients which ensures an impressive dynamic range.
On the bottom of the TITAN AX12 is a convenient built in pole mount socket that is used for easy mounting on a standard 35mm diameter speaker stand pole. Cord wrap and cable anchor features are also moulded into the enclosure. M6/M8 threaded rigging points are provided for a variety of safe flying configurations with four of these inserts available, bottom-mounted, in an OmniMount® bracket footprint.
– Model Name – TITAN AX12
– System Type – Active 12″ 2-way Bi-amplified
– Frequency Response (+/-3dB) – 55Hz-20kHz
– Frequency Range (-10dB) – 50Hz-20kHz
– Calculated Max SPL @ 1m – 128dB
– Low Frequency Transducer
– Size (mm / inches) – 305mm / 12″
– Coil Size (mm / inches) – 64.26mm / 2.5″
High Frequency Transducer
– Type – Compression Driver
– Coil size (mm / inches) – 44mm / 1.75″
– Exit size (mm / inches) – 25mm / 1″
– Diaphragm Material – Titanium
– Nominal coverage (H * V) – Hybrid Symmetry Horn 100° * 80°
– Power amp LF RMS/Peak Watts – 250 / 500w (Class D)
– Power amp HF RMS/Peak Watts – 50 / 100w (Class D)
– Controls – EQ – Note – EQ changed by DSP knob
– DSP – Advanced user selectable presets. 1:FLAT 2:MONITOR 3:SPEECH 4:BASS 5:PUNCH 6:LIVE
– Hi Pass switch – 90Hz
– Amplifier Protection – Yes
– Thermal Protection – Yes
– Low line voltage shut down – 60% Nominal line voltage
– Driver Protection – Independant LF and HF limiters
– DC Protection – Yes
– Short Protection – Yes
– Clip Limiter – Turns on ~250w output
– Limiter indicator – Red LED
– Power indicator – Green LED
– Input type – Switchable balanced mic or line level (Chan 1)
– Input connector – 2 * XLR & 2 * 1/4″ jack (Chan 1 Line/MIC)
– Line output connector – Switchable LOOP/MIX Balanced Female XLR